Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Senior Director, SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting & Sox will focus on technical accounting and financial reporting issues, including quarterly and annual SEC filings, footnotes and disclosures, MD&A, earnings releases and proxy preparation, and other related SEC reporting functions. The individual should have a solid understanding of GAAP, SEC filings, XBRL and related systems. The individual will evaluate and guide the accounting treatment for a range of technical accounting issues in accordance with U.S. GAAP and company accounting policies. The individual will prepare/review, research, determine and document accounting policies, including maintaining and updating a comprehensive policy manual in line with U.S. GAAP addressing company specific processes. The individual will also lead and coordinate the company’s SOX accounting efforts and manage internal and external resources to execute company-wide SOX requirements, including directing the Company’s global internal control assessment process to ensure compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations through continuous improvement in internal control procedures and development of efficient and effective testing protocols. The individual will also interface with the company’s external auditor and audit committee, as needed.
• Prepare, manage and review the Company’s external SEC filings, including, but not limited to, Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and the annual proxy statement.
• Assistance in preparation and review of quarterly financial earnings press releases and call scripts
• Lead all stock compensation reporting and related accounting
• Research accounting literature and apply technical accounting standards and company policies to complex business issues and transactions including revenue recognition, internally developed software, M&A (including transaction-oriented accounting treatment and reporting), and impairment valuations.
• Prepare written accounting and financial reporting position papers for review by management and external auditors. Develop and disseminate technical accounting guidance.
• Actively monitor, analyze, evaluate and report changes in U.S. GAAP, determine applicability, and develop and disseminate technical accounting guidance.
• Key contributor and advisor to CAO on SEC Reporting matters.
• Provide technical accounting support to CAO, CFO and cross-functions including Controllership, Finance, Tax, Operations, Legal, HR and Sales teams.
• Assist in developing technical accounting interpretive principles, tools and operational procedures to build augmented and scalable business processes.
• Maintain databases of current policies and technical inquiries.
• Provide support during the period-end close process.
• Provide support and/or lead the Disclosure Controls & Procedures, including processes, analysis and information utilized for MD&A disclosures for accuracy and completeness.
• Evaluate new and existing accounting policies and develop and oversee implementation of accounting policies and new accounting standards and financial reporting standards.
• Coordinate with internal audit, sox teams and internal finance/accounting in ensuring compliance with accounting policies.
• Provide policies or related documents to allow finance and accounting personnel globally to understand and apply properly such accounting policies.
• Coordinate, with CAO, continuous training of company personnel on accounting policies and related compliance.
• Engage and cooperate with external auditors, coordinate with legal department on disclosure matters, including the disclosure committee and sub-certifications, and coordinate with external SOX advisors on reports to the Audit Committee.
• As SOX lead, participate with internal and external resources, including oversight of internal control / SOX testing framework and also in assessment of documentation and implementation of new SOX controls related to new ERP.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; CPA required.
• 10+ years’ experience in Big 4 or national public accounting firm at Senior Manager level and/or role-specific experience within a global public company.
• Experience in researching and developing technical accounting procedures and positions in response to complex accounting issues, with the ability to draft position papers, suggest policy actions and provide formal written guidance to management regarding those issues.
• Strong technical accounting and leadership skills required.
• SEC reporting and international and M&A accounting experience.
• SOX experience and thorough understanding of SOX requirements, including assessment and implementation.
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Unquestioned integrity and ability to lead by example.
• Inquisitive, collaborative, highly-driven and self-motivated.
• Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members and business units, including supporting business as a bridge between accounting matters and business issues.
Liquidity Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.