Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Warehouse Manager is critical to the success of the overall warehouse operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating day to day activities on the warehouse production floor, including inbound truck arrivals, Outbound shipping to include customer pick up’s, stowing or picking of product, inbound receiving, lotting (including photography), inventory control, and communicating with the sales team disputes or customer issues. He or she will balance and assign resources based on need within the warehouse and enforce company safety policies.
• Supervise, motivate and develop teams of 10-40 employees assigned to a variety of tasks specific to warehouse operations
• Lead key productivity initiatives by collaborating with cross functional groups
• Utilize quality process disciplines to evaluate, revise, and implement continuous improvement initiatives
• Inbound truck unloading, Stowing and picking of product for Outbound shipments
• Interaction with Customer pick up’s handling disputes and customer schedules
• Coordinate receipt, lotting and necessary data collection of all in-bound freight
• Implement and enforce company safety programs and policies
• Establish objectives, plans, and schedules and ensure that resources are available for completion of established operational assignments
• Achieve daily productivity and resource efficiency goals by tracking specific metrics, including workflow and labor costs for production teams Create a collaborative environment by seeking guidance from peers, supervisors or other warehouse departments when necessary to achieve common goals
• Promote clean, safe work areas by continuously checking for hazardous conditions
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience leading change through application of Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing processes in a production environment
• 5-7 years of experience in a leadership role involving performance management in a production environment
• 1-3 years of experience in safety and/or risk management
• Proven background in quality control
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and a WMS
• Excellent organizational, team development and communication skills.
• Must be a detail-oriented, proactive driver of excellence
• Must be a self-starter and demonstrate willingness to take on greater responsibilities
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports, spreadsheets and policy / procedure documents
• Commitment to and prior success in continuously improving processes to reduce cost and cycle time while improving quality
Liquidity Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer