Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Staff Accountant role will encompass a variety of responsibilities in support of the company’s corporate Finance department including, but not limited to, monthly account reconciliations, month/quarter/year-end financial close procedures and other daily operations.
• Complete assigned responsibilities as part of the accounting close process, including full cycle reporting for subsidiaries and bank reconciliations. Apply knowledge of accounting policies and procedures to tasks which include recording journal entries, research, and analysis for CAG and ARD
• Use queries, inquiry, and other tools to identify, investigate and resolve issues. Identify underlying cause of reconciling items and propose required process corrections to avoid reoccurrence
• Perform variance analysis, research financial irregularities, and investigate unusual items
• Maintain financial security and ensure compliance to SOX policies and procedures by consistently following company accounting policies and procedures
• Prepare internal financial reports by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
• Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
• Assist finance team in support of SOX, internal and external audits
• Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis
• Perform other special projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related area
• 1-3 years accounting related experience required
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices of accounting
• Experience working with Oracle, Great Plains, JD Edwards or similar enterprise software system(s) preferred
• Strong accounting skills
• Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
• High proficiency and significant experience in Excel, including strong data manipulation and advanced formula skills are required; database experience preferred
• Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
• Ability to apply a broad knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures in the accounting field of specialization
• Ability to prioritize and work in a self–directed manner to achieve assigned project deadlines
• Ability to excel in a multi-company, fast paced environment and successfully manage multiple priorities
Liquidity Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer