Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you’ll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Product Manager works in IT and is responsible for guiding IT product initiatives from concept through delivery of expected business results. Starting with a set of business objectives and working with a range of business and technical stakeholders across LSI divisions, the Product Manager transforms ideas for new platform and system enhancements into a clearly articulated product concept/description. This description addresses specific business and user requirements, defines expected business impact, and provides the detailed functional description necessary for IT to develop. Once green-lighted for development, the Product Manager will work with the development team and business owners to ensure the product is developed/launched on time and delivers the expected business benefit.
• Works within IT, engaging Dev Ops, Developers (technical architects and developers), and Quality Assurance to represent business needs in technical planning and development phases.
• Works in close collaboration with business, engineering, project management, and end users to manage all activities related to bringing complex, cross-company products and features to market from concept through development.
• Creates Product Design Documents (PDD), which outline the business justification, development requirements, wire frames, workflows, and implementation requirements.
• Produces the breakdown of PDD into epics, stories, and acceptance criteria
• Owns the final product delivery to market and triages all issues and enhancements, iterating the product roadmap
• Manages product roadmap and backlog, leads cross-functional teams while living and breathing the execution of the requirements.
• Act as a product ambassador, primary technical contact, and creates and distributes project/product documentation (such as status reports, user flows/stories, wireframes, etc.)
• Creates and communications product vision, business goals, roadmap, and product status.
• Demos & shares product regularly with stakeholders, clients, end-users
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. MBA or master's degree preferred
• 1-3 years related digital product management experience
• Previous experience gathering requirements, creating technical specifications, and working with internal development teams to ensure product delivery
• Strong technical background a must, though programming skills are not required.
• Experience in B2B and B2C eCommerce a plus
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, including a proven ability to successfully work and collaborate across multiple divisions and functions (e.g., marketing, sales, engineering, IT, finance, etc.) building consensus.
• Strong analytical, influence, and thought leadership skills
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and business plans
• Comfortable with development ticketing tools such as JIRA, VSO/VSTS
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft: Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio
• Experienced in Behavior Driven Development, Agile processes, and testing
• Ability to think creatively, act independently, respond proactively, and work closely with others, while handling multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to synthesize business objectives, diverse requirements and technical capabilities into product development requirements is crucial.
• Demonstrated ability to critically examine product concepts and details in light of business objectives and ask tough questions and probe to find the best solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to define and prioritize competing requirements to deliver software products on time and on budget