Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you’ll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Public Relations Specialist will be a creative and agile thinker with a passion for creating excitement through traditional and social media. The position is responsible for the development and implementation of various day-to-day internal and external communications that enhance the Liquidity Services corporate brand and drive visibility for its online auction marketplaces. This position will play a key role in Public Relations by securing press coverage through a strong media and influencer effort across print, broadcast, digital, social media, and other channels. The Public Relations Specialist will also contribute as a writer and editor to ensure brand consistency and quality content. This role also supports Public Relations by fulfilling routine tasks including media monitoring and database management.
• Assists with the development and communication of company and marketplace information to various media
• Researches industry trends to develop ideas and opportunities for proactive media pitching, feature articles, blog posts, presentations, social media, and other public relations activities that target buyers and sellers of surplus across a wide range of industries
• Manages corporate social media platform and supports marketplace social media initiatives
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with key journalists, bloggers, and other influencers to secure coverage.
• Prepare briefing materials for interviews and provide support to ensure positive interview and consistent messaging
• Contributes to copywriting and editing efforts to ensure consistent messaging and professionalism.
• Responsible for writing and editing public relations and influencer outreach materials, including but not limited to press releases, social media and blog posts.
• Maintains database of public relations contacts and records interactions and activities with media
• Develops and maintains good relationship with colleagues throughout the company
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
• 3-5 years in public relations, media relations and social media
• Agency experience a plus
• Proficiency with AP Stylebook
• Proven experience securing media coverage in print, online and broadcast media
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Social media knowledge, including the ability to customize and promote messaging across multiple social platforms
• Strong editing and copywriting experience
• Previous professional writing experience required. Writing genres include news releases, media pitches, talking points, email communication, blogs, presentations, social media posts, marketing communication, and web content.
• Understand journalistic approach to content creation; capable storyteller.
• Ability to discern news and its potential impact on the organization and brand; ability to successfully pitch newsworthy stories to media.
Liquidity Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer