Liquidity Services

  • Usability Lead (UI/UX Designer)

    Job Location US-MD-Bethesda
    Division
    LSI Corporate
  • Company Overview

    Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.

     

    Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you’ll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.

    General Summary

    One of the key priorities for Liquidity Services is to improve the buyer experience across our marketplaces. We are looking for an experienced UX Designer/Architect help us design, test, and build it.
    This role requires a hybrid skillset, as this team member will spend ~75% of their time on design and UX work, while also helping build/program with the remaining 25% of the time.
    Passion for hypothesis building, testing, and iterating are all requirements, as is significant experience in front end development.

    Responsibilities

    • The UX lead is responsible for the look and feel of our new products and has the design capability and aesthetic to design something that’s usable and fresh, and the technical acumen to ensure that it’s doable and will look great on mobile.
    • Own the UX requirements in take process from key business stakeholders and translate their needs into clean wire frames and specifications.
    • Leverage mockups and prototypes throughout the development cycle to ensure that stakeholders are aligned on the path forward, and that their requirements are being met.
    • Ensure that all designs and site experiences are optimized for mobile and tablet usage.
    • Help manage user experience tests and studies.
    • Assist in providing basic website maintenance and content updates as needed.
    • Stay current with the fast-changing landscape of browser-based application development and emerging technologies.
    • Support and troubleshoot UI issues (bugs & defects), identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions.
    • Promote usability best practices and deliver high-quality interfaces that meet current coding standards and cross-browser compatibilities.

    Qualifications

    Education/ Experience:

    • Bachelor's degree in computer science, web design, graphic design, or equivalent required
    • Working knowledge of HTML 4.0 and HTML5, CSS 2.0 and CSS3
    • Working knowledge of A/B Testing and multivariate testing
    • Experience working with JavaScript and JS libraries like jQuery
    • Experience working with mainstream CMS and blogging platforms (Wordpress, Joomla, etc.)
    • Experience working with responsive frameworks like Bootstrap and HTML boilerplate
    • Experience with media queries and responsive development by hand
    • Experience with Google Analytics (AdWords experience a plus)
    • Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere)

    Skills:

    • Excellent project management, organization, prioritization, and collaboration skills
    • Creative thinker and problem solver
    • Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills

    Ability:
    • Ability to utilize Microsoft Outlook and Excel, OneDrive and Dropbox
    • Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
    • Ability to work well as part of a team

     

    Options

    Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
    Share on your newsfeed