very organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you’ll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, this position will be responsible for all inventory accounting functions.
• Prepare inventory account reconciliations for various entities to the general ledger
• Prepare and record journal entries and reporting required for the financial closing process and daily inventory operations
• Assist with implementation, improvement, and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control certification requirements
• Assist in the coordination and requests related to quarterly audit reviews
• Perform ad-hoc reporting as requested by management and other departments
• Provide guidance to the larger business team on areas of responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Minimum 2-4 years related Inventory Accounting experience
• General knowledge of GAAP and understanding of SOX compliance for publicly traded companies
• Proficiency across MS Office products including Excel and the ability to learn computer software programs as needed
• Broad fundamental accounts payable/accounts receivable/inventory/customer service knowledge
• Oracle experience preferred
• Retail or distribution experience preferred
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong verbal, written, and communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Example: Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and self-motivated to work independently
• Ability to deal concurrently with multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Liquidity Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer