Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you’ll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services provides leading corporations, public sector agencies and buying customers the world’s most transparent, innovative and effective online marketplaces and integrated services for surplus assets. On behalf of its clients LSI has completed the sale of over $1.5 billion of surplus, returned, and end-of-life assets, in over 500 product categories, including consumer goods, capital assets, and industrial equipment.
LSI is hiring a Supply Chain Senior Manager in our Bethesda, MD office. The successful candidate will manage a team of Supply Chain Analysts responsible for margin analysis, auction listings, inventory management, and internal communication of inventory disposition strategy. In addition to the day to day responsibilities, the Supply Chain Senior Manager must contribute to LSI’s record of excellent service delivery through continuous internal process improvement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Formulate and execute the channel strategy for a portfolio of accounts that are the world’s largest retailers and manufacturers
• Manage and develop a team of Supply Chain analysts ensuring LSI is achieving the highest levels of return on different product lines and product condition
• Promote and manage continuous improvement throughout the organization
• Develop and monitor key performance indicators to ensure continuous improvement efforts result in high inventory velocity, increased margins, and overall efficiency within the process
• Analyze data and communicate across LSI’s sales channels to identify opportunities to increase margins
• Work closely with Marketing, Operations and other internal stakeholders to develop processes and services to support a variety of customer business segments
• Manages an experienced team of analysts
• BS in Operations, Supply Chain, Management, Engineering, or other related business fields
• MBA or Master’s degree preferred
• Formal training in a quality process such as Six Sigma or Lean preferred
• 10+ years of related experience
• Proven experience managing simultaneous projects
• 5+ years of experience managing and developing teams
• Practical knowledge of supply chain/logistics issues and solutions
• Must possess strong analytical skills with advanced Excel skills and financial analysis abilities
• High initiative and commitment to relentless self-improvement
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Committed to promoting an environment of teamwork and innovation
• Demonstrated ability to focus and prioritize operational tasks in a high growth environment
• Entrepreneurial view on moving inventory, communication, and business outlook