Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 11,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you’ll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
GovDeals, headquartered in Montgomery, AL, is the leading online auction marketplace for the sale of surplus and confiscated items for government entities including city, county and state agencies as well as school boards and public utilities. The company has an eight-year record of strong growth with over 2000 clients in 43 states. GovDeals is owned and operated by Liquidity Services Inc., a leading B2B marketplace company.
Finance Associate’s role is to assist the Finance Manager to handle day to day accounting and administrative duties for the GovDeals business unit.
• Responsible for general accounting tasks, financial settlement cash receipts and daily reconciliation, monthly bank reconciliation, other associated duties
• Daily reconciliation of data from ecommerce transactions and GovDeals auction database
• Perform weekly and monthly reporting assignments including reconciliation of database integration files and service fee revenue
• Monthly bank and merchant reconciliations
• Prepare and post journal entries related to ecommerce transactions in a timely manner and include proper support documentation
• Ability to learn and develop appropriate knowledge of the auction database as well as internal reports and databases
• Process buyer refunds
• Other financial operational duties as assigned
• Degree or Diploma in Accounting or 1-3 years related working experience.
• Proficient in standard computer software and MS Windows and MS Office.
• Ability to work productively in a fast paced environment and meet reporting deadlines
• Excellent communication skills; both written & oral.
• Knowledge of PayPal and American Express Merchant services a plus