Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Accounting Manager is a key Accounting resource for the Company’s Retail Services Group business unit. This position is responsible for providing the Retail Management team with timely, accurate and actionable accounting information. This position also has responsibility for monthly financial reporting of actual results for all entities within the business unit.
• Provide management, operational leadership, FP&A, and SEC reporting team with accurate monthly and quarterly financial reporting
• Maintain SOX-compliant finance processes
• Support business-facing teams such as Sales and Operations in the pursuit of exemplary client/customer service and maximization of revenue generation
• Provide accurate quarterly P&L and cash flow forecasts in support of both external guidance and internal decision-making
• Migrate the general ledger from Great Plains to Oracle
• Document and streamline accounting processes to improve the accuracy and timeliness of information
• Coordinate commission calculation and payment
• Record and reconcile Monthly Sales activity
• Work with IT organization on the project to transform the Company’s technology platform
• Support external auditors in quarterly reviews, annual audits, and regular SOX reviews
• Provide SEC Reporting team with accurate financial information and business analysis in support of quarterly SEC filings
• Prepare and review the Quarterly Binder for each Reporting Entity
• Assist Corporate accounting team with the development and documentation of internal financial policies
• Other responsibilities as required
• Supervise 2 Sr Staff Accountants and 2 Staff Accountants
• Provide Accounting guidance and process direction to Shared Service team members
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, preferably with a concentration in Accounting or Finance required
• 4+ years of experience in Accounting roles, primarily in publicly-traded company and/or Big 4 public accounting firm
• 2+ years of supervisory experience
• Experience with budgeting, forecasting, or financial planning
• Experience with large-scale ERP systems, preferable Oracle
• CPA required
Skills and Ability:
• Ability to use data to determine root causes and advise courses of action
• Ability to provide clear and concise analysis to management
• Intermediate or expert skills with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to visualize reporting needs and work with IT personnel to create reports and to automate processes
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in a normal office setting.