Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Staff Accountant will perform revenue account reconciliations, cash receipt posting, process vendor and seller payments, process inventory item adjustments, assist in month end financial close, and help in other daily finance operations.
• Prepare fixed assets and prepaid expenses schedules for one or more than one business segments/entities.
• Maintain and reconcile customer funds related accounts for one or more than one business segments/entities.
• Post daily cash receipts for assigned subsidiaries/business entities and monitoring daily activities of a set of bank accounts.
• Conduct monthly revenue, bank accounts reconciliations, and balance sheet accounts reconciliations
• Prepare journal entries and accruals, assist in monthly, quarterly and year end close procedures
• Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedule, and prepaid expenses schedule
• Provide assistance to Accounts Payable team and respond to inquiries from other teams
• Timely respond to internal inquiries and external requests.
• Prepare certain internal reports as assigned.
• Conduct the revenue and other accruals and prepare other accounting journal entries as needed.
• Research the discrepancies from the reconciliation and propose the correcting entries.
• Allocate certain centralized costs and book a portion of cash receipts and third party bills.
• Perform other finance operational duties and/or ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required, preferably in accounting or finance or equivalent experience
• 0-3 years accounting experience required
• Public accounting experience a plus
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
• Advanced skills in MS Excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
The physical demands of typical office positions are expected. The noise level in the work environment is low. The ability to sit and perform terminal/computer work for lengthy periods is expected. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.