Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The General Manager of Warehouse Distribution (Garland) will build and grow operations of the Garland, TX distribution center. Responsibilities include day to day activities and strategic initiatives supporting all aspects of the operation including receiving, inventory processing/sorting, grading/refurbishment, shipping, inventory control, safety and facility maintenance. This position is the primary point of contact for Distribution Center communication with Corporate Sales, Account Management and Customer Relations.
• Provide senior leadership to ensure that key deliverables in safety, quality, productivity, and customer service are obtained while instilling a collaborative work environment.
• Develop and maintain a clean, safe, and productive work environment while focusing on minimizing work-related injuries, complying with OSHA guidelines, and Company directives.
• Continually analyze new work processes being established to identify opportunities for optimization and implement improvements.
• Design new processes and capabilities to take full advantage of new opportunities flowing into the Garland building.
• Build a great team. Recruit, hire and train high performing warehouse staff, as well as recruit, train and mentor front line leadership.
• Establish and develop a senior leadership presence that is positively evident both on-floor with associates, as well as in ongoing client meetings and interactions.
• Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
• Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
• Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
The following qualifications specify the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or a related field is required. Advanced related degree is desirable.
• Seven years of progressive experience managing in a distribution/warehouse environment is required.
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills including previous planning, forecasting, and budgeting experience.
• Demonstrated leadership, influence and communications skills, both at a facility management team level, as well as at an on-floor operations level.