Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Business Development Manager will strategically prospect and sell AuctionDeals, a self-service online auction solution to large private and commercial customers. This is a tremendous ground floor opportunity to grow a business by leveraging experienced teams that have been responsible for bringing GovDeals.com to a dominant position in the state and local government space. The successful candidate will create and make presentations, attend trade shows, develop and maintain relationships by persistent strategic contact and arranging scheduled meetings with prospects and customers. New business development through email and telephone outreach, set appointments, warm calling, persistent follow-up, and ethical and professional sales techniques are critical to this position.
This position typically requires overnight travel of at least 2 nights a week and occasional weekend work for trade shows. Our ideal candidate will live in either Atlanta, GA, Montgomery, AL, Jacksonville, FL or Tallahassee, FL.
This is a remarkable opportunity for a proven self-starter able to travel and consistently apply strategic selling experience and effort to a substantial marketplace.
• Support the agreed-upon mission ethically, enthusiastically and professionally as a key member of the AuctionDeals sales team
• Use existing knowledge of private-sector vertical markets such as fleet, heavy equipment, agriculture, utilities, manufacturing, and dealer networks to successfully manage and grow the AuctionDeals sales pipeline and client base.
• Work independently to manage and grow AuctionDeals with significant support from the Director- Business Development, management team and other functional support staff.
• Work closely and collaboratively with the assigned Inside Business Development and Customer Service Representative team to maximize sales opportunities from prospective and existing clients.
• Create and make presentations in a variety of settings
• Develop new business through effective sales techniques and appropriately follow up with all leads
• Manage the complete sales cycle, including the successful close of multiple sales opportunities
• Leverage the various support teams, technology, internal database, and CRM though timely and persistent engagement and use
• Four-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
• 5+ years of demonstrated success in outside sales
• Proven sales success with Heavy Equipment, Automotive, Fleet Sales or Agricultural Equipment
• Willingness to travel at least 2 nights away from home each week
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet search skills
• CRM experience and committed usage is essential
• Diligent, hardworking, and motivated personal characteristics
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Professional image and conduct, including a clear driving record
• Ability to work from home, including access to high-speed internet and cell phone service
• Conference and trade show experience a plus
• Competitive Base Salary
• Monthly sales-based commission structure
• Company car and technical equipment
• Excellent, progressive healthcare plan
• 401-K plan with company matching benefit
• Enrollment in healthcare plan first day of employment