Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Senior Staff Accountant will provide general accounting support for North American operations.
• Calculate and process auction settlement payments
• Calculate and process inventory purchase payments
• Prepare monthly inventory tracking reports
• Develop financial reports for financial analysis, forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
• Prepare and record balance sheet and income statement entries, compile and analyze account information.
• Prepare auditable account reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts
• Assist in documentation and monitoring of Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements
• Other duties as assigned, including ad hoc analysis and special projects
The successful candidate will be a finance professional, ideally with some background in an international organization or a public accounting firm. Industry specific experience is less relevant, but the individual must show high intelligence, demonstrate a history of self-motivation and the ability to learn very quickly. Minimal travel required.
Key background and experience will include:
• Four to six years of experience
• Public accounting experience a plus
• Strong accounting skills
• Very strong Excel skills
• Strong process orientation
• Experience with Sarbanes Oxley Audits a plus
• Strong attention to detail
• Oracle experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting required
• CPA or CPA candidate preferred