Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services is seeking a transportation analyst who will be responsible for researching and analyzing freight costs and making recommendations to reduce spend without impacting service levels. This role will influence the decision making for carrier and method of delivery for the department.
• Auditing freight invoices and identifying order details when not available
• Communicating freight costs to potential clients/customers
• Build relationships with key customer contacts
• Use metrics to identify inefficient workflows and address opportunities for improvement
• Monitor and drive performance metrics and best practices across sites
• Assisting with shipment scheduling/tender
• Assisting with rate negotiation
• An associate's degree or equivalent and 2 or more years of related experience in Supply Chain or Logistics
• Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or data analysis a plus
• Transportation and Freight
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with Excel and other analytical tools
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organization, collaboration and time management skills
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands:
Normal office environment
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.