Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
GovDeals is the leading online auction marketplace for the sale of surplus government items from local and state/provincial government organizations such as municipal agencies, school boards, public utilities, and government funded agencies. GovDeals has enjoyed an 18-year record of strong growth and now serves over 10,000 government clients in Canada and the United States.
In 2012 GovDeals established a presence in Canada. Over the last six years, the business has grown exponentially to now supply surplus disposition services to over 550 Canadian government agencies. This growth has fueled a need to add a sales manager in Western Canada.
GovDeals has maintained its momentum in the current economy as government organizations look for innovative solutions to offset revenue shortfalls. GovDeals is well positioned to deliver effective local and provincial government surplus programs across the US and Canada with its growing team of regionally based sales and client service representatives. GovDeals is owned and operated by Liquidity Services, Inc., a leading online B2B marketplace company.
To grow its business base in Western Canada, GovDeals is looking for a Business Development Manager to sell its online government auction service. Building on our initial client base of local government organizations, the successful candidate will develop an industry leadership role by pursuing local and provincial prospects, creating and making presentations, attending trade shows, and developing opportunities through regularly scheduled meetings with prospects and customers. New business development through warm calling and ethical and professional solution selling techniques is critical to this position.
The successful candidate will ideally live in Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton, and will be responsible for all sales activity in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. This is an immediate and remarkable opportunity for a proven and dynamic self-starter that can travel and consistently apply solution-selling experience and effort to an under-serviced western Canadian government market.
• Support the agreed-upon mission ethically, enthusiastically, and professionally as a key member of the GovDeals sales team
• Use existing knowledge of local/municipal/provincial government-sector sales and the government purchasing function to successfully grow our western Canadian client base
• Assess & develop client business needs and align our GovDeals solutions with these
• Work independently to manage and grow the Western Canada sales region with significant support from the Director, Business Development – Canada and other remote functional support staff
• Work directly with a Canadian Client Service Representative to maximize sales from existing clients
• Provide client support and account management as needed
• Create and make presentations in a variety of settings
• Develop new business through effective solution-selling techniques and appropriately follow up with all leads
• Manage the complete sales cycle, including the successful close, for a sales funnel of multiple sales opportunities
• Bachelors degree preferred
• 5+ years of successful ‘large client’ solution-selling experience
• Success in government-sector sales or government purchasing a highly significant plus
• Ability to travel, often two (2) nights away from home per week
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet search skills
• Diligent, hard working, and motivated personal characteristics
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Professional image and conduct, an energetic self-starter
• Ability to work from home, including access to high-speed internet and cell phone service
• Conference and trade show experience a plus
• CRM experience and commitment to usage is essential
• Competitive Base Salary
• Monthly sales-based commission structure
• Company car
• Sponsored Health and Dental Benefit Plan
• Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan, with company matching
Please note: When applying for this position, a candidate should articulate in writing how their work experience directly ties to this position’s Responsibilities and Qualifications
Please apply through our corporate website- www.liquidityservicesinc.com/careers