Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Use your analytical skills to make a major contribution in supporting Liquidity Services’ growth and profitability objectives by working closely with our Client Solutions and Business Development teams to evaluate multi-million dollar client accounts and to price large scale new business opportunities.
As a Pricing Analyst of the Retail Supply Chain Group (RSCG), you will be an integral part of a rapid growth environment with clear line of sight to senior team members that come from executive and management positions at premier e-commerce, retail, and consulting firms. You will lead analyses from input to recommendation and learn all aspects of operations, sales, and systems.
The successful candidate must be an analytically oriented individual with superior communication skills, capable of managing multiple tasks and projects, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
• Create accurate pricing models by thoroughly analyzing the revenue potential and associated costs. Analyze the sensitivity of key factors and their impact on margins.
• Gather and analyze data from our custom-built Inventory Management System (IMS) and external sources to support fact based pricing decisions.
• Coordinate with internal teams to develop a coherent pricing strategy that is aligned with our brand and the client’s objectives.
• Organize and manipulate data to generate reports customized to our executives’ needs and reporting requirements while ensuring data integrity.
• Explain analysis methodology and communicate results to the senior executive team.
• Improve the data gathering, modeling, communication processes to increase accuracy and reduce turnaround time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Engineering or related field.
• Thorough understanding of concepts of microeconomics, managerial accounting, operations management and pricing optimization.
• Advanced knowledge of databases, statistical best practices and querying (desirable).
• 2-5 years of professional work experience, preferably in supply chain, consulting, or retail industry.
• Strong analytical and advanced Microsoft Excel skills are needed to effectively create and interpret reports and pricing models.
• A passion for analytics and data. Willingness to work with large messy data-sets.
• Demonstrated experience in data modeling, analysis, reporting, research and presentation creation.
• Critical thinking ability to derive and present insights from data.
• Ability to communicate and interact crisply and concisely with executives at varying levels of the organization.
• Ability to work effectively and independently under time critical deadlines and thrive in a dynamic environment.
• Self-motivated individual with a commitment to continuous improvement.
< 5% - No consistent travel – we support an analyst desire to travel within our North American warehouse network to validate model assumptions and meet the people they work with.