Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Staff Accountant role will encompass a variety of responsibilities in support of the Finance department at the company’s corporate headquarters in Bethesda, MD. The primary focus of the role will be supporting the monthly close and consolidation process of this multinational company, including processing and tracking intercompany transactions, reconciling and evaluating intercompany balances, consolidating data from different accounting systems into our Oracle Fusion ERP application, assisting with elimination entries and the financial statement translation, as well as performing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and other month-end financial close procedures.
As a member of the finance team, the Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions according to company policies and procedures. The position requires a high-energy individual able to thrive in a performance-driven culture, pay attention to detail, has ability to anticipate and adapt to workflow demands, and excellent communication competencies.
• Post Corporate incoming intercompany charges and prepare outgoing intercompany billings
• Complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations, including cash, accounts receivable, intangibles, note receivables, deposits and deferred rent schedules
• Prepare standard and adjusting journal entries
• Work with accounts payable team to set up suppliers in ERP system
• Upload and review project labor cost and other capitalized and non-capitalized project costs
• Assist in monthly, quarterly and year-end close procedures
• Input foreign currency rates into accounting system
• Transfer data among Oracle PBCS, Oracle Fusion and other accounting systems and applications
• Reconcile intercompany discrepancies and work with business unit finance teams to resolve differences in a timely manner
• Assist with the timely intercompany billing and payable processing
• Assemble monthly and quarterly financial and reconciliation packages for management review
• Assist in preparing consolidating schedules for external reporting disclosures
• Respond to audit requests
• Conduct accounting research as needed
• Adhere to all weekly and monthly accounting deadlines
• Assist with miscellaneous projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
• Minimum 1 year accounting experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills.
• Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a dynamic, high-paced and sometimes unpredictable work environment, with a focus on continual process improvement.
• Knowledge of US GAAP accounting rules on consolidations, foreign currency accounting and cash flow reporting is a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must be a team player and able to work independently.
• Must be able to meet or exceed monthly accounting deadlines; punctuality and regular attendance are essential to this position.
• Oracle Fusion financial application experience a plus.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.