Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 10,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $7 billion in completed transactions, over 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
The Staff Accountant II will support the Finance department by preparing internal reports, researching discrepancies, and conducting revenue reconciliations and accounting support for the Business-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business teams.
• Conduct revenue reconciliations for one or more than one business segments/entities.
• Prepare fixed assets and prepaid expenses schedules for one or more than one business segments/entities.
• Maintain and reconcile customer funds related accounts for one or more than one business segments/entities.
• Post daily cash receipts for assigned subsidiaries/business entities and monitoring daily activities of a set of bank accounts.
• Conduct certain general ledger account monthly reconciliations, such as bank account reconciliations.
• Reconcile Business-to-Consumer channel activities and accounts receivables.
• Provide Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer team with accounting support and financial data reconciliation.
• Timely respond to internal inquiries and external requests.
• Prepare certain internal reports as assigned.
• Conduct the revenue and other accruals and prepare other accounting journal entries as needed.
• Research the discrepancies from the reconciliation and propose the correcting entries.
• Allocate certain centralized costs and book a portion of cash receipts and third party bills.
• Perform other finance operational duties and/or ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required, preferably in accounting or finance
• 3+ years accounting related experience required
• Public accounting experience a plus
• Strong accounting skills
• Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
• Advanced skills in MS excel, MS word, and Internet Explorer
• Excellent attention to detail