Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters has relocated to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor.
This Corporate Counsel position reports to the VP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Mark Shaffer. Corporate Counsel will provide a broad array of legal advice and services in the areas of commercial contracts, litigation management and other general corporate matters. The position is located at Liquidity Services’ headquarters in Bethesda, MD.
• Draft, negotiate and provide legal advice on commercial contracts
• Provide corporate legal counsel and transactional support to various business units
• Provide legal advice and support for corporate governance activities, including assistance with respect to compliance program, annual proxy solicitation and other corporate governance matters
• Manage outside counsel (primarily litigation)
• Assist with basic employment law and labor issues
• Manage and assist in maintaining data rooms, licenses and registrations
• Participate in the development of corporate policies, procedures and programs
• Provide legal advice and support for mergers and acquisitions transactions, including providing assistance in one or more of the following areas: planning and assisting in due diligence, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, and actively managing deal processes and execution
• J.D. and active bar membership in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
• 3-6 years of sophisticated transactional and corporate law experience, with experience in M&A and commercial law matters
• Legal experience and training at a top-tier law firm,
• In-house experience is a plus
• Outstanding work ethic
• Ability to balance business and legal risks
Other Qualifications and Interpersonal Skills Needed:
• Outstanding communication skills; able to work effectively at all organization levels
• Ability to quickly inspire confidence and build strong relationships
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, in a fast-paced, performance-driven culture
• Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to identify and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively
• Personal Traits: entrepreneurial, takes initiative, poised, and confident