Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 8,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $6 billion in completed transactions, nearly 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you’ll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services seeks to employ a Senior Engineer, Database Development. The successful candidate in this position will be capable of guiding a globally-distributed software development orga-nization through the integration, development, and maintenance of an industry-leading marketplace software platform.
• Architect all new database solutions (tables, procs, indexes, functions, views, etc) and maintain existing enterprise database solutions.
• Work in an agile sprint environment and deliver high performing, highly scalable solutions.
• Release management during sprint process – keep DEV, QA/STAGING, and PRODUCTION databases in sync.
• Implement robust change control and configuration management policies.
• Capacity planning and system-level architecture in accordance with business projected vol-umes and infrastructure capacity.
• Database security checks and audits.
• Physical data model/architecture, DDL generation, and maintenance.
• Lead troubleshooting and recovery as part of incident response.
• Database tuning (proactive and reactive.)
• Maintain and revise DB documentation as needed.
• Work with application dev teams to optimize database performance (SQL query, reconfig etc.)
• Help maintain the integrity and security of the company database.
• Minimum 10 years on SQL database design and administration experience (5 years on SQL Server.)
• Minimum 5 years database architecture experience.
• Understanding of SQL Server versions 2008 and beyond.
• Understanding of Azure SQL Database.
• Proven expertise developing logical and physical data models and designs based on business requirements.
• Experience in architecting, optimizing, maintaining large enterprise databases and applications.
• Expert knowledge of SQL (Query) tuning.
• Experience with data pipelines and ETL techniques.
• Experience with Data Warehouse design, ETL, architecting efficient software designs for .NET platform.
• Experience with big data analytics technologies.
• Some AWS RDS experience helpful but not required.
• Experience with MongoDb, Cassandra, DocumentDb, and some form of NoSQL helpful but not required.
• Experience with ETL and BI Tools (SQL Server SSIS, Mode Analytics).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience developing, deploying, and supporting globally-available software platforms with commercial, industrial, institutional, and/or government clients.
• Experience recruiting talented developers and coaching them to form effective teams.
• Excellent communication skills, and ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environ-ment.
• Hands-on experience building eCommerce applications, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience in a multi-product, multi-application development environment.
• Experience with globally distributed teams and business partners.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect.
• Ability to travel regularly, up to 30%.