Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters has relocated to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor.
The Sales Lead Generation Specialist is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new surplus asset sales leads to support the objectives of the Direct Sales team. Candidate will identify and communicate with wholesale buyers of large-lot surplus, overstock, liquidated and end-of-life merchandise This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including inbound marketing leads, prospect lists, discovery and individual research. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential!
• Develop new business via telephone and mass communication such as email and social media to introduce the LSI/Retail Supply Chain capabilities and close business with new buyers of customer returned goods, overstock and shelf pulls from major retailers.
• Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential new buyers.
• Qualify leads and overcome challenging sales objections to establish long lasting business relationships
• Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities to our Sales Executives.
• Work with the Sr. Manager of Direct Sales and Sales Executives to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals.
• Manage data for new and prospective clients in Salesforce.com, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
• Prepare and analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related field (or in school working on a degree).
• Prior Sales or Customer Service experience is required - relevant internship experience is applicable
• An understanding of retail and/or supply chain functionality is preferred
• A proven track record of developing strong customer relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
• Experience with Salesforce or another CRM Software preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with an executive or buyer over the phone.
• Strong research skills with an entrepreneurial mentality and the ability to work in a flexible environment
• Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail is critical
• Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas.
• Relentless enthusiasm for cold and warm calling into prospective clients
• Hours are flexible between 7am-4:30pm, M-F. Specialists work from 20-40 hours per week.