Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters has relocated to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor.
Pipe Market Representative for Liquidity Services pipe markets (OCTG, Line Pipe, Drill Pipe, Mechanical and Standard Pipe). The successful candidate will to utilize his/her sales initiative and product knowledge to:
- Increase number of new pipe buyer contacts
- Negotiate and close sales of pipe and increase auction participation
- Improve quality and accuracy of pipe descriptions and merchandising
The candidate must demonstrate success with market research, phone sales/prospecting, and negotiating sales, including international markets. Candidate must be familiar with basic terminology, applications and attributes of OCTG, Line Pipe, Drill Pipe, Mechanical and Standard Pipe.
- Develop the pipe market by researching and contacting companies across the globe to promote LSI marketplace to purchase pipe. Succeed in cold-calling companies to identify, qualify and document pipe buyers’ contacts information and preferences.
- Maximize buyer sale participation by staying in frequent contact with current customers and new prospects to communicate current pipe offerings. Market and monitor pipe auction and private treaty sales. Solicit inquiries for pipe and coordinate pursuit and sale of pipe among our client network.
- Participate in field service to gather pipe information, tallies, photos, etc., as required. Review pipe descriptions and photos with Operations teams to ensure accuracy and marketability.
- Provide feedback to Marketing and Sales teams on current market conditions. Assist in estimating values of potential consignments. Stay current on pipe industry and trends through news, journals and association attendance.
- Demonstrate and further develop pipe market expertise.
- Use CRM tool to update contact details, report on buyer development progress, and analyze buyers/markets to develop and execute call and email campaigns.
- Collaborate across internal functions and with external clients as needed to support successful development of Liquidity Services’ pipe market.
- Minimum High School completion; prefer College degree. Minimum 5 years experience in Oil & Gas industry in business development.
- Oil & Gas/ API pipe knowledge (ability to identify by sight and know key specifications)
- Ability to research and execute campaigns to prospect for new contacts (approximately 50+ calls per day with confident, articulate and respectful phone & interpersonal skills)
- Experience managing contact notes in CRM software, including developing queries, preparing call lists, inserting notes and updating multiple fields
- Ability to perform dimensional and financial calculations
- Experience managing time to achieve multiple tasks/objectives in a fast-paced marketing environment
- Ability to achieve objectives and solve problems independently
- Ability to collaborate with other departments, external partners and clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and web-based applications
- English fluency
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands:
- Primarily an office-based role. However, occasional field work required, in and outdoors, including hours of walking, standing, squatting, and handling tools to gather information and photos of pipe and assets.
- Up to 10% travel domestically to field or client locations
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.