Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 8,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $6 billion in completed transactions, nearly 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters will be relocating to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor at the end of September 2017.
Reporting to the Director, Buyer Marketing, the Head of Demand Generation will lead a team tasked with demand generation and marketing funnel optimization. You will be a data-driven marketing mind that helps keep our company and its marketplaces focused on the customer and ahead of the competition. Using competitive research and customer insight you’ll help us understand the buyer’s journey, from stranger to happy customer who advocates use of our platform. You will also use utilize the full range of marketing tactics to grow our database and overall company revenues.
• Develop and manage the full buyer customer life cycle as well as provide on-going analysis and optimization of the program. Drive user engagement across the lifecycle using various marketing strategies and tactics
• Define and execute new lead and demand generation strategies and activities that generate awareness and result in conversions that increase our marketplace registrants and drives our global database growth.
• To understand the buyer and its intentions, how they buy, why they buy and how often they buy. To turn that insight into actionable marketing programs
• Fill the top of the funnel and understand what it takes to increase the velocity of leads from registration to bidder and buyer.
• Craft and implement customer surveys to gather data and insights.
• Develop, own and actively manage our buyer personas and ensure alignment with the buyer journey and lifecycle
• Leverage the company’s marketing automation platform to design and implement lead generation and nurturing campaigns to drive new site registrants and nurture existing registrants through the buyer funnel.
• Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance accordingly
• Plan, execute, and measure response improvement programs using A/B testing and conversion analytics
• Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate the end-to-end buyer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
• Conduct regular competitive audits on other products and companies in our industry.
• Inform the marketing, sales, and customer support teams about our customer behaviors and buying preferences and patterns.
• Conduct buyer journey research, and help our team optimize our website, marketing touchpoints, and sales approach accordingly.
• Attend events and interact with customers to further understand the problems and challenges we can solve for them.
• Ensure consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
• BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
• Proven and visible marketing veteran, with experience determining product-market fit and delivering products to market.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field.
• 6-8 years of progressively responsible positions in marketing, with broad exposure to a range of traditional, online and integrated campaigns
• Experience in rapid-paced, highly dynamic environments with proven success in navigating changing priorities and opportunities
• Consistent track record of building great teams and consistent operational execution
• Experience in online marketplaces in B2B markets strongly preferred
• Leadership and management experience with proven ability to grow employee skills, manage internal relationships and leverage internal resources
• Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel) and experience with reporting and data analysis.
• Proficient in marketing automation (preferably Eloqua), web analytics, and smart content features to optimize our approach by buyer stage
• Past-experience conducting research reports, including the methodology, survey writing and fulfillment, and writing reports and studies.
• A nose for selling, unique selling points, and product marketing -- this role must help us stay differentiated from the competition.
• Success skills: A Strategic Doer, Adaptable, Collaborative, an Expert marketer, an Organized Project Manager, and the ability to be a Multiplier
• Exceptional program development and project management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven success collaborating with a global team to create sustainable growth
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics and marketing automation solutions such as Eloqua is required
• High-energy, visionary with a proven entrepreneurial track record of defining and delivering strategic initiatives