Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters will be relocating to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor at the end of September 2017.
Liquidity Services is seeking a talented leader to serve as Vice President, Marketing & Customer Experience to help drive the future of the world’s largest online marketplace for business surplus. This role will work with an experienced team of digital marketing and asset promotion experts to drive buyer and seller participation on the company’s e-commerce platform. This role will establish and execute enterprise-wide strategies to further grow and monetize the company’s buyer base by asset category. This role will also oversee the launch and growth of the company’s newest e-commerce marketplace, “AllSurplus”, which will aggregate the supply of assets for sale across the company to drive additional scale and growth.
As the executive who will lead the launch of AllSurplus, you will have the opportunity to define the end-to-end customer experience. This role will have responsibility for all buyer marketing resources in the company; will own the buyer experience journey and will shape the user interface design of the marketplace. You will be responsible for establishing best practices for driving buyer engagement, leading the buyers through the process of browsing, registering, bidding and buying assets on the company’s marketplace platform. To ensure a strong feedback loop from customers, this role will oversee the Customer Service function.
This role will report to the business unit presidents who utilize the company’s marketplace channels to serve their seller clients with a dotted line to the CEO. You can expect an entrepreneurial environment that fosters and rewards creativity with the satisfaction of building a market leader in a large global industry that is ripe for innovation. This position will be based in the company’s Bethesda, Maryland headquarters office.
• Partner with business and corporate leadership to create, execute and measure our e-commerce strategy, including the design and launch of our new marketplace brands
• Manage the buyer communication associated with the launch of new brands and consolidation of marketplace brands over time
• Coordinate with business unit leaders to execute asset promotion campaigns by asset category to our growing network of buyers
• Utilize both digital and offline promotion channels by vertical to drive maximum buyer participation
• Develop and grow our network of asset promotion partnerships
• Develop and execute digital marketing spanning all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
• Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
• Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance accordingly
• Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies to acquire and convert buyers
• Plan, execute, and measure response improvement programs using A/B testing and conversion analytics
• Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
• Manage our CMS and ongoing product merchandising updates, promotions, enhancements to the site
• Oversee the Customer Service team and conduct voice of customer research as needed
• Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
• Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners as necessary
• Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
• Supervisory Responsibilities:
-Asset Promotion Team
-Digital Marketing Team
-Customer Service Team
• 15+ years of marketing experience required. 4 Year College Degree or equivalent.
• 10+ years of digital marketing experience required
• 7+ years of progressive management supervisory experience required
• Online marketing experience with an e-commerce marketplace business
• Proven experience in each of the below digital marketing strategies – and could build/design/manage each area as needed:
• Email campaign development/management and marketing automation programs
• B2B Trade promotion
• SEO programs
• SEM programs
• Affiliate marketing programs
• Merchandising strategies
• Social media programs
• Website Content Management Systems (WCMS)
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
• Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels in an e-commerce marketplace
• Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics and Tag Manager, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
• Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
• Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
• Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
• Positive, can-do attitude; Looking to build something; Unafraid of a challenge and takes initiative to achieve objectives.
• Strong leadership ability to influence the leaders of the business to adopt and embrace a centralized buyer marketing function
• Strong management and leadership skills to build and guide a world class digital marketing team
• Analytical – Intellectually curious; seeks to understand root cause.
• Effective Communicator – Able to synthesize data and information, telling a “story” that makes sense and matters to target audiences.
• Project Management – Able to plan work to achieve objectives, while gaining consensus and hitting deadlines.
• Resourceful & Process Oriented – Able to find creative ways to solve problems and get work done while being diplomatic and following a logical business process.
• Quick Learner – Picks up on technical concepts quickly. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, and technical knowledge to do the job masterfully.
• Adaptability – Ability to adapt quickly to direct and constructive feedback, pushing the boundaries while working within a corporate environment.
• Initiative – Can independently identify and drive projects that support marketing objectives.
• Conceptual Creativity – Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions.
• Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.