Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters will be relocating to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor at the end of September 2017.
• Manage asset disposal project and be responsible for overall result
• Ensure smooth execution of project and minimise customer complaint
• Communicate effectively with all parties including seller, buyer and various internal departments
• Define disposal strategy, develop project plan and prepare project budget
• Coordinate campaign marketing plan in consultation with Assistant Marketing Manager, China
• Manage / Carry out site work (lotting) to prepare high quality sales page and catalogue
• Work with Online Team in managing sales events
• Deal with enquiries from prospective buyers and coordinate site inspection and pick-up
• Prepare sale progress and post-sale reports to account team
• Ensure all payments and settlements are cleared in a timely fashion
• Other relevant responsibilities and duties as assigned.
• Report to the Operations Director for Asia Pacific
• Depends on candidate qualification, may lead a small team about 2 subordinates
(A) Education Background
• Degree in engineering, business management or equivalent
(B) Working Experience
• At least 3-5 years project management experience
• Project management
• Organization skill
• Knowledge of machinery and equipment is preferable but not a must
• Proficient in the use of standard computer software: MS Windows, MS Office
• Communication skill is highly required both in English and Mandarin
(D) Other Key Performance Expectations
• Attention to detail
• Customer Focus and able to communicate with different levels of internal/external customers
• Responsible and problem solver
• Quick learner, organized and pro-active
• Live up to commitment
• Availability to travel