Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) is the leader in managing surplus across the globe to maximize return for our clients, more efficiently and more strategically. No matter the type of surplus asset or where it is located, we optimize and execute surplus management strategies to achieve our clients’ business goals. We are the industry innovator, leveraging insights from over 500,000 annual transactions and $1 billion in annual sales proceeds to continuously pioneer a superior model for managing the reverse supply chain. With Liquidity Services, companies have a partner that maximizes the total value they can expect for their surplus – higher recovery, more efficient processes, simplified and consistent operations, global coverage, lower risks, sustainable solutions, and service from people they can trust to deliver results.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment; a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values of integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters will be relocating to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor at the end of September 2017.
The Senior Tax Accountant will be primarily responsible for preparing sales, use, and property tax returns, tax account reconciliations, and working with tax authorities to resolve tax notices and audits. The Senior Tax Accountant will have the opportunity to research tax issues, drive process improvements, and work on special tax related projects.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly sales/use and value-added tax returns.
• Prepare annual property tax returns.
• Prepare monthly tax account reconciliations.
• Respond to tax notices related to sales and property tax returns.
• Take a lead role in the management of sales and property tax audits.
• Research various tax issues to determine proper tax treatment of sales transactions.
• Assist with the preparation and filing of income tax returns and other miscellaneous tax filings.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required, preferably in accounting or finance
• More than two years’ tax related experience required
• Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
• Proficient skills in MS excel, MS word, and Internet Explorer
• Experience with Vertex software is a plus.
Must have attention to detail and willingness to learn.
0 – 10% travel
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Liquidity Services Inc. reserves the right to modify position duties at any time due to business necessity.