Who We Are: Liquidity Services. We provide a game changing, industry leading eCommerce platform that helps our clients, our buyers, and our planet. By helping manage surplus assets across the globe more profitably, more efficiently, and more strategically. Our cloud-based commerce platform enables customers to meet consumer demands anywhere, any time, and on any device. We cover the world with 44 locations, in 19 countries, on 6 continents.
Who We Want: A Senior Business Development Manager for our new AuctionDeals marketplace who is entrepreneurial, loves challenges, has a thirst for developing new business, is a self-starting problem solver and is excited to grow and develop this line of business! You will be responsible for new business development.
Why You Should Apply: You are looking for a fast paced, ground floor, entrepreneurial environment where your efforts will be handsomely rewarded. This position will offer you the opportunity to work with an industry leader and offers your customers an opportunity to increase recovery on surplus assets on an industry leading eCommerce Platform. This role offers amazing growth potential for individuals looking to take their career to the next level. You will also have an amazing support staff that will allow you to do what you do best- SELL!
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters will be relocating to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor at the end of September 2017.
The Senior Business Development Manager will strategically prospect and sell AuctionDeals, a self-service online auction solution to large private and commercial customers. This is a tremendous ground floor opportunity to grow a business by leveraging experienced teams that have been responsible for bringing GovDeals.com to a dominant position in the state and local government space. The successful candidate will create and make presentations, attend trade shows, develop and maintain relationships by persistent strategic contact and arranging scheduled meetings with prospects and customers. New business development through email and telephone outreach, set appointments, warm calling, persistent follow-up, and ethical and professional sales techniques are critical to this position.
This position typically requires overnight travel of at least 2 nights a week and occasional weekend work for trade shows. Our ideal candidate will live in either Atlanta, Charlotte or Nashville. This is a remarkable opportunity for a proven self-starter able to travel and consistently apply strategic selling experience and effort to a substantial marketplace.
• Support the agreed-upon mission ethically, enthusiastically and professionally as a key member of the AuctionDeals sales team
• Use existing knowledge of Use existing knowledge of private-sector vertical markets such as fleet, heavy equipment, agriculture, utilities, manufacturing, and dealer networks to successfully manage and grow the AuctionDeals sales pipeline and client base.
• Work independently to manage and grow AuctionDeals with significant support from the GovDeals President, management team and other functional support staff.
• Work closely and collaboratively with the assigned Inside Business Development and Customer Service Representative team to maximize sales opportunities from prospective and existing clients.
• Create and make presentations in a variety of settings
• Develop new business through effective sales techniques and appropriately follow up with all leads
• Manage the complete sales cycle, including the successful close of multiple sales opportunities
• Leverage the various support teams, technology, internal database, and CRM though timely and persistent engagement and use