Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 8,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $6 billion in completed transactions, nearly 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters will be relocating to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor at the end of September 2017.
The Senior accountant role will encompass a variety of responsibilities in support of the Finance department at the company’s corporate headquarters, including, but not limited to, monthly account reconciliations, month/quarter/year-end financial close procedures and other daily operations.
• Complete assigned monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including cash, accounts receivable, intangibles and payroll withholding accounts
• Assist with the intercompany billing and payable processing and reconciliation of intercompany balances within a time-sensitive month-end close schedule
• Prepare standard and adjusting journal entries and assist in monthly, quarterly and year-end close procedures
• Assist in the monthly corporate consolidation as well as the consolidation of an LSI global subsidiary
• Respond to audit requests and assemble monthly and quarterly financial and reconciliation packages for management review
• Review daily payment package to meet the control requirement
• Prepare consolidating schedules for footnote disclosure
• Support and participate the company’s SOX internal control test
• Participate in the testing and implementation of new ERP system
• Back up other accountants, assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
• Minimum two years’ working experience or equivalent experience
• Be able to prioritize assigned work and meet the deadlines
• Detail-oriented, strong organizational, analytical and time management skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Experience with Great Plains, JD Edwards and/or Oracle a plus
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment