Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 8,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With $6 billion in completed transactions, nearly 3 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you'll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services' Corporate Headquarters will be relocating to 6931 Arlington Rd, Bethesda MD 20814, 2nd Floor at the end of September 2017.
Providing Machinery and Equipment valuation advice to a range of clients including Asset Based lenders, Professional Advisors and Corporates. Our Corporate Clients include a range of Multi National Corporates, for which Liquidity Services hold contracts to supply Asset Management Services, including Asset Valuation, Management and Disposal.
The business also offers an ‘Asset Principal Purchase’ offering which may require valuation for purchase and resale by Liquidity Services.
Where appropriate, you will may also be involved in valuation of inventory and spares, primarily for Lending purposes, but also may be included within Asset Management Services.
The role will cover a wide range of industries, sectors, business types and sizes, primarily based in EMEA, valuations are performed either on a desktop basis or inspected (depending upon the scope of work) and typical field time will be 1 – 3 days.
The Valuations team operates on a global basis and the role provides an opportunity to work on valuation projects and support our Valuation teams in North America and APAC.
As part of our induction process, the role will initially require a training period, which will be fully supported by Senior Valuers to include; supervised field inspections in addition to research and reporting. Our offices are based in London, Birmingham and Leeds and you will be required to travel to the appropriate office to work during your training period with designated valuers (primarily Leeds) and also deemed to be an ongoing requirement of the role.
Career opportunities will allow you to develop yourself as a Valuer, looking at a wide range of assets and industries, with the ability in the future to work anywhere within the Liquidity Services Network of offices.
• Initially to undertake and assist other valuers in completing machinery and equipment appraisals in a wide range of industry sectors primarily for Lending, Professional Services, Corporates and Principal Purchase.
• Attend client sites within the UK and Europe, to complete initial asset inspection, collation of supporting information (cost invoices, overhead costs where appropriate, maintenance records etc).
• Following site inspection / or where valuation completed on a desktop basis, information will need to be gathered which will include; Machinery Original Costs, Maintenance requirements, historic sales information (either from Internal or External sources) which will include contacting Dealers and Manufacturers.
• Be able to gather information, analyse and present in a coherent manner which will include; main report, supporting schedules and summary of research undertaken. As part of our quality process, reports, to include values will be signed off by Head of Department or Senior Valuer as part of Review process.
• Where required, provide assistance and support to our Corporate Account Executives (who manage daily relationships with Multi National Corporates) in advance of a valuation instruction.
• Where required, provide support to the consulting valuation sales team through attendance of presentations to clients, client meetings and marketing events. In addition to collation of case studies and marketing material.
• CPD – is maintained in-house through internal project reviews and presentation back to the Valuation team in addition to other departme
• More than 5 years’ experience either within a similar role or alternative within a commercial process engineering environment. Valuation experience across a range of industries, preferably but not essential including Oil & Gas industry
• Have a degree or equivalent qualification
• Ideally qualified valuer – RICS or ASA. Or have a degree or equivalent qualification
• Experience of having worked for one of the “Big Four” is preferable but not essential
• Have a good understanding of Microsoft products to include Excel, Word, Powerpoint products
• Ability to work independently when required.
• Team player and able to work with rest of team on project, either as project lead or as a team member. Good organizational skills.
• Excellent written and graphic communication skills to include data collation and analysis. With working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint to product written reports.
• Good communicator written and verbally to both colleagues and clients
• Able to meet deadlines and prioritise workload accordingly. Communication of delays to Manager essential where information outstanding will impact outlined delivery.
• Work under pressure and meet time deadlines
• Able to regularly travel throughout the UK and Europe, depending upon location, the inspection dates may involve long working days with travel early morning and return on evening. The role also will involve overnight stays (depending upon inspection location). Estimated overnight stays c 8 days per month generally as a maximum.
• The ability to speak an additional language is preferable but not essential
• Clean Driving License
Typical week may involve;
o 2 days site inspection and 3 days reporting
o 5 days site ins
pection across different sites, then c5 – 7 days office based reporting